Please note: This portal is not monitored on a 24-hour basis. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
This portal is only to be used to request records or documents in the possession of Napa County. For general questions, requests for assistance, or requests that do not seek specific records or documents, please contact the relevant County department or contact the Clerk of the Board. Contact information for all departments is available online at https://www.countyofnapa.org/1980/Departments.
When making a request, please describe the records you seek with as much detail as possible, especially regarding the timeframe of the records and the specific department(s) or people in the County who may have the records you seek.
Some records are not available through this portal or can be accessed online. Please contact the appropriate agency below for specific records:
- Most planning, building, environmental, hazardous materials, underground storage tank, and restaurant inspection records relating to a property are available online at https://www.countyofnapa.org/2474/Electronic-Document-Retrieval
- Agendas, minutes and related documents for Napa County boards, commissions, and committees, including the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission, are available online at https://www.countyofnapa.org/1468/Agendas-Minutes.
- For recorded documents, such as property deeds, contact the Recorder/County Clerk at https://www.countyofnapa.org/1297/Recorder-County-Clerk
- For vital records, such as birth or death certifications, contact the Recorder/County Clerk at https://www.countyofnapa.org/1297/Recorder-County-Clerk
- Assessor parcel data is available online at https://www.countyofnapa.org/150/Assessor-Parcel-Data
- For Court records, contact the Napa County Superior Court at http://www.napa.courts.ca.gov/